Followers

Home

Thursday, 5 January 2017

Blind Contour Drawing

Hi everyone 

Thought I would first share with you something different which I am going to give a try. 

It is through the SAA and they have a challenge 
Learn to Draw with Confidence. 

This month it is all about Blind Contour Drawing

So out I got my sketch book maybe a bit small so think I will get a bigger one 

But this is my first effort

Day 1



I tried to draw "our teddy" in one go as described in the challenge.


Challenge Here

The idea is to choose a subject and fix your eyes on the outline, then very slowly draw
its edge in a continuous line without lifting your pencil.

You must not look at your work as you go.

The main problem I had was "what do I draw"

Anyway a bit of fun today.

Had a good day up at the Village Hall - quite a few birthdays coming up so was
glad I had a good selection of cards.

I feel it is a Year of Change in 2017.

I see that a few Challenges I have entered in the past have now gone over to
posting the Challenges on Facebook and not via a blog.

Will this be a good place to be I do not know.

But there are those Challenges which
I like. May be a time now to put my Logo onto the images so that they are not
copied?

Also I worry about all the "trolls" out there....

I can see, I think why is is done, reason to get more people involved who do not have
a blog. But it was for this very reason, to enter competitions that I first started my blog.
And very please I am too.

I have found lovely friends, followers and wonderful comments which are so
much appreciated each time one pings to my phone.

NO one likes change but this I must remember is progress, without change
we do not grow, well I dont.

This year is going to be different for me too, in that I am Design Team Member for
two lovely blog challenges

Well that is me for now. I have entered Teddy, watch this space for more
drawings as I go through the challenge this year.

Will be back tomorrow with a card, hopefully.

Take care and look forward to hearing from you, or see you on the road to
Learn to draw with confidence

Crafty hugs

x x











2 comments:

  1. I think you've made a really good job of the teddy. Barbxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you will enter our crafty ribbons facebook challenge, easier than the blog challenge. I enter far less challenges than I used to, stick with the ones I really like

    ReplyDelete

Your views and comments are appreciated . I look forward to your visit again.

Crafty hugs Pen