Followers

Home

Friday, 27 January 2017

Coffee and Cream Butterflies


Good afternoon all and thank you for popping over. 

I love seeing your blogs so I hope you enjoy seeing mine too. 

Here is my card for today.


Keeping with the Coffee and Cream theme for this card 

I have used my favorite stamp here from AlteNew to stamp different 
sizes and shades of Butterflies in different layers. 

I then used a paintbrush filled with watercolour paint to "flick" around the butterflies
to give a bit more "feel" for the card. 

Added a coffee coloured edge onto cream coloured card stock

I hope you like it and would like to enter it for the following 

Challenges 






Thank you for your time and I look forward to hearing from you. 

Thinking about starting to do some sewing - simple items to begin with 
but I really do not know where to start. 

I have loads and loads of material. Do I start making some bags or what.

any ideas???

Do I wash my material before I start sewing....

It is ages since I really thought about using my sewing machine. 
Sold my old one and bought a new one....
is it going to help? 

Any thought I would love to hear from you. 

Have a great day 

Crafty hugs 
x x 


6 comments:

  1. Hi Pen,
    what a gorgeous card, and the water colouring is fab, and colours are so great.
    Why not try making some little animals like owls and easy shaped animals with patches of different materials.
    You could put pebbles inside and make them into doorstops.
    Childrends pram quilts is also another idea.
    Not suure about washing the material first perhaps look it up on Utube or maybe wash it as it can do no harm and that way you know if it will shrink.
    I hope that helps a little.
    Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So pretty! Thank you so much for sharing this with us at Creative Inspirations. Good luck,
    Rene

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful! Love the butterflies, and they work so well in those colours. Thanks for sharing them with us at Stamping Sensations.

    Good luck with the sewing! Depending on what you make, the finished article might not be easy to wash, so I'd probably wash the fabric first. My mum used to make all sorts of small articles to raise funds for the local hospice, including fabric covered photo frames, tissue box covers, lavender bags & make up bags. She also did appliqué pictures framed in embroidery hoops. You could also try fabric baskets: Two squares or rectangles of fabric (outer and lining), stiffen the outer with interfacing. Attach ribbons a few centimetres in from each corner and tie corners together to make sides. Easy peasy! Instructions here http://blissfulsewing.blogspot.co.uk/2013/03/bread-basket-french-bread-basket-fabric.html#.WIz4__mLTDc Anyway, just a few ideas for you. Love to see photos of what you make!

    Lynne

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh well done on achieving the coffee and cream challenge I'm afraid I took one look and thought... bleh! Not me. So not done.
    Sewing, yes, definitely some bags a girl can't have too many bags. 😊
    Thanks for sharing your inspiration,
    Shaz in Oz.x

    {Calligraphy Cards - Shaz in Oz}

    ReplyDelete
  5. A perfect card for our Coffee and Cream theme Pen, I know some found it a toughie but you really nailed it, many thanks for joining in at Stamping Sensations challenge.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fab creation, thanks for joining Stamping Sensations, good luck.
    Happy crafting
    Tracy x

    ReplyDelete

Your views and comments are appreciated . I look forward to your visit again.

Crafty hugs Pen