Followers

Home

Wednesday, 4 January 2017

Mountain bike R Us

Afternoon everyone and welcome again to my blog

I have been busy today making some more mens cards for my 
craft table tomorrow up at the Village Hall. 

And also had to go for my yearly check up at the dentist. I finally made an 
appointment, felt like cancelling it yesterday, but went. 

Pleased to say all ok apart from my pocket. Have to go Private as there 
are no NHS spaces and to be honest I have confidence in my dentist 
so it is better for me to go there than have the experiences I have had elsewhere. 

My very first job was a Dental Nurse - put me off dentist for a very long time


So here is my card for today 


As you can see I had a Hunkydory Card blank so thought well I can cut 
the end off to make a card. 


I cut the end off and cut down to size of 150mm square but of course that meant no 
stripe at the top so. So I cut a strip off and stuck it to the top. 

Added a topper with the bike as a "jaunty" angle and decoupaged a few bits of the bike 
to make a bit of depth to the card. I glued them down not using foam pads so that it can 
be posted. 

Added a sentiment . 

The card blank I used I did use a bit of distress ink to colour the edges. 

I would like to enter it for the following 

Challenge 



I must move on now 

things to do, places to be, but thank for visiting me 

Crafty hugs 
x x 


7 comments:

  1. Had a nasty experience with a NHS dentist which has left me a very nervous patient so now go private. I'm still nervous- that will never change - but must admit my dentist is aware and treads carefully! Your card is great - the image is perfect for a male recipient. Elizabeth xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely card. You rescued that unused Hunky Dory kit and made it up so nicely.
    My local store has just started getting these kits in this past year. I must say they are fun for making a quick card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great card,loving the image. I do like to use Hunkydory at times.
    Thanks for joining us over at Penny's.
    Jean DT XXX

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love what you have done with the image and cutting it up to fit, a great card.

    Hubby went yesterday and had to have a molar out! He came away with a 2 stitches and went into a sort of shock result later, because of the amount of pressure and the snap when it was removed UGH.

    Thank you for joining us The Male Room ATG challenge. Faith DT

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a super card, I do like that image. Very elegant. Thanks so much for playing along with The Male Room Anything Goes challenge. Deborah, DT.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You made such a beautiful male card :-))
    Thanks for playing at Male Room. Hugs, Andreja

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great masculine card, love how you've put it together from the one sheet of card. Thank you for joining us at TMR.

    ReplyDelete

Your views and comments are appreciated . I look forward to your visit again.

Crafty hugs Pen