Followers

Home

Tuesday, 3 January 2017

Robin Boots

Morning all from a very frosty cold place.

Went out shopping this morning and the car was reading minus 5 
brrrrr .... now in and keeping warm here. 

Nearly back to normal now and making the most of the start for the New Year. 

I have been playing, like I do, to keep myself busy. 

Here is my card for today. 

It is a bit of a strange challenge request I am entering today 
over at The Craft Barn.

It is all to do with a poem with a twist. 

January brings the snow
makes our feet and fingers glow

so far so good then !!!!

And the Challenge is...............
 you must include a bird in a wellington boot

So here I am with this as my entry. 





I have started with a blank white card stock which I covered with blue 
(thinking along the lines of shades of snow)

Then used Dreames stamp of a wellington boot onto a scrap of card stock
and fuzzy cut out


Robin stamp from Clarity Stamps onto a scrap of card stock and coloured in
 and fuzzy cut out


Then used Card-io stamps along the edges to create a bit of a design 
on the blue card

Mounted onto a scrap of mopped up card stock with added stamp images 

And finally onto a card blank


I hope you like it and would like to enter it for the 
following 

Challenges 


Best get on and plan what is next for me to do

Hope you are having a great day - keep safe and well. 

Interesting reading before  I go today 

"If you have a skeleton in you closet, take it out and dance with it" 

The time we waste trying to hide our "secrets" could be so much better 
spent in others ways. 
And, usually our minds have magnified "our skeletons" way our of proportion. 

Very interesting, so very true, as "secrets" have caused so much stress over 
the last few months. Not mine but anothers..... 

So sad that "secrets" can cause so much worry, heartache, and sorry in the end. 

But remember " the sun always rises in the morning" 

Take care 

Crafty hugs 
x x 


8 comments:

  1. I absolutely love this card Pen. I love the depth you've created with your stamping. Barbxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. love seeing ll the techniques you used Pen great card

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous! I love the layering and contrasting colours and well done for incorporating Mickie's twist so artistically xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love what you have done here! Thank you for joining the Craft Barn Month Challenge xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely background and cute robin! xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love how you have put this piece of art together, the finished result is lovely. Well done you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I want a pair of those wellies! Love the contrast of colour between the boots and the background. A lovely wintery card.

    ReplyDelete

Your views and comments are appreciated . I look forward to your visit again.

Crafty hugs Pen