Followers

Home

Wednesday, 11 January 2017

The odd one out

Hiya - bit earlier today 

The sun is shinning, washing is on, and hopefully will peg out shortly. 

I have been working on a new craft over the last few days. 

Although I have gained many items for this craft I am guilty of having the "stuff" and 
hardly using it. 

So to stretch myself I am joining in on the Facebook Clarity Groovi  Worldwide Challenge 


This month it is the Animal Kingdom 

So here is my entry.


 The Odd One Out .... can you see the different one? 

I have used the fish plate onto plain parchment.

Over the last few days I have done the white work on the fins and then 
coloured in first with pens and then found my soft Dorso colours. 



Then I coloured in the parchment with blue and green blending in places


Finally tore around the edges and mounted onto blue card. 


I was going to use my Yupo blue papers but that did not bring out the fishes
so well. Use that for another time.


I have to say that while I was doing the parchment work, I was in the zone
so to speak. Lovely.

It shows me that I really must try to do more. 

Interesting quote today

"Hope sees the invisible, feels the intangible, and archives the impossible" 

Helen Keller

Also saw this quote today too 


Have a great day and hope to see you again 

Crafty hugs 

x x 

3 comments:

  1. I'm going to say it's the fish at the 9 o'clock position! Love how you have created this card. Fish colours are super. Hugs Mrs A.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your card looks really good Pen and I like the torn edges. I can't find the odd fish out. Barbxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Did you draw all those fish? You are an incredible artist. I am super impressed, and love how you colored them, too. I can see why it took you so long to create this special card.

    I just read your comment on today's blog post where you commented "Not sure what sort of "paper journal" one would use." I would suggest an old book that you alter. I have tutorials for how to create one on my right sidebar.

    Of particular interest to you would be Lesson One: http://alteredbooklover.blogspot.com/2012/02/so-you-want-to-get-started-making.html

    and Lesson Two: http://alteredbooklover.blogspot.com/2012/02/lesson-2-of-altered-book-class.html

    Hope that helps.

    ReplyDelete

Your views and comments are appreciated . I look forward to your visit again.

Crafty hugs Pen